2007年6月3日星期日

Globalization

We live in the global village as technology of communication develops.Nowadays we have more ways to express and exchange ideas with more people without travel a far-flung road.
It is indeed convenient.That reflects one aspect of globalization.It is quite beyond my ability to be concerned with the globalization,but I will just put it in my own way .
I was inspired by our intensive teacher to think in this kind of problem.We had a debate on it which was recognized a complete failure.She offered us some arguments.we were divided into two sides,one held the similarities more important,one held the differences more important.We talked something in language&cooperation.What we neglect is we talked too big,and didn't specify the points we are going to use.That is the problem we have in common.That is our weakness needed to be made up for.I put the fault on myself,because I lived in such a limited space and read so little of the world's books.How can I debate with others besides I didn't prepare for it as the teacher suggested us to do.I will take in the past experience and improve my situation little by little.
As we all know the globalization is a two edge sword,it bring both chance and challenge.Most country hold positive idea on it as they want to develop economically.They don't want to be left behind.They have no sense to think the bad influence in the long run.Under the mutual benefit,the developed country has take the lead and benefit more.Professor liu once told us that we see the world through the eyes of American.Most of the news come from American.
They spread their idea to us by TV,the foreign film,food,fashion and so on.It is like of an invasion into other country's culture. Language disappeared at the rate of one a fortnight.The globalization create mixing of cultures together,but it shouldn't destroy the culture of every single culture which is what we must pay attention to in the tide of globalization.Hope we can live together happily,different but equal.
Up to now,I am confused by what I said.May be in future I can have a better understanding on the globalization.

没有评论: